Saturday, October 25, 2008

A thing in me.....

The clock shows at 7:23p.m. as i looked unto it.Dinner was over,thereafter where everyone sat along the living room watching television.While doing the dishes,i pondered out to the window where the remaining raindrops fulfills their last task of the soon to end day.As the silent rhythm of raindrops filled the air,it was disrupted by an ominous laughter.Walking past the other residents of this home,despite the ever-noisy environment,a silent and empty feeling stirs deep within me.Almost as if,my very own existence have but no meaning.

I took a stroll outside in the nearby streets,in hopes of relinquishing the feeling that has but numerously caused pain and suffering.With the clearing of the rain clouds,many stores are seen attracting customers on the once again bustling streets as
people started to fill the streets.As i walked down along this street,fear gripped me harder with each step.My head ducks down as i noticed the gazes from the oncoming passer-by-s.Couples,families,or even group of friends.I was sure.It definitely only me,the only one,who's.......alone.I quickly evaded a crowd of people and exited into a less crowded or rather an empty and abandon street,as tears begin to roll down my cheeks.It felt.....as though i could die,just from this.As i stood in the street of nothingness,i cried and just cried.

Sitting on a little corner,i wondered,would anyone search for me if i were gone too long?Will there be someone who cared for me,and ask if i was doing well at all?As i recalled the happy families,the happy couples or the happy group of friends that passed me by,i can see happy faces and hear the laughter they have."It would've been fun,right?"i said to myself while forcing a faint smile on my tearful face.Perhaps,this place is where i should belong to.A lonesome place for a lonely person.Suddenly,i felt heavier drips dropping from my cheeks.Droplets of water came splattering down on the ground once more.Is the sky shedding its tears along with me?

I sat here not knowing how much time has passed.All there was,is a cloudy and dark night and a flickering lamppost.Shivering with cold,a sudden thought passed though my mind.A glimpse of the future this thought gave me,lifted me from the heavy suffering and pain i've felt,giving me a few seconds of what could be called 'joy'.My face lightened as i digest the thought deeper.Perhaps it was destiny that i was led to this place,for this thought to happen at this very place.A part of the brightly-lit moon can be seen now as the clouds slowly shifts,as though a ray of hope has shone down unto me.Then again,would i be able to make this decision unwaveringly?

No comments: